• Announcements

• ^FacE

Donation information   02/03/2017

Please be sure to include your steam ID and IGN in the comments while you donate so we know who its from if you're logged in as guest (Unless you're registered and signed in) It will automatically post a thread once you donate   If you did not include this information in your Donation Note, Please create a new Support Request here with the following information: Your In-Game Name SteamID
    • VPP_Liam

Player Support   03/12/2017

Please use our Support Central located here:http://clanvpp.com/forum/7-support-central/ CHATBOX IS NOT FOR SUPPORT
    • ^FacE

VPP LAN Party Late 2017/Early 2018   04/04/2017

Please click the following thread for more information and replies  
    • ^FacE

VPP Summer Tournament July 2017 **OPENED**   05/09/2017

Registration is now OPENED:  Check information and register here: VPP Summer Tourney 2017  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
killwhitey

The Balance on the Dallas server really sucks

21 posts in this topic

I have seen matches go on with one team have a 3-4 man advantage for ages. People stack the teams and you regularly see 16-1 rounds. The simpsons skin has a horrific hitbox and makes him difficult to kill. The problems go on and on and on.

I think it takes about two rounds to even up the number of players per team. The Homer skin has issues but there are also disadvantages to using him, eg he can't hide very well because he's too fat. About the team stacking, it's a problem everywhere and we've tried but there just isn't a simple way to fix it. I've played here for ages and it's not often you see 16-1 scores. I'm not sure how you see it regularly. Some of what you stated are merely exaggerations.

Everytime I play as Homer, I get killed easily compared to using other skins IMO.

I agree the balance sucks. When I see that going on, and see admins on the stacked team, I call them out on it. Also imo nuke is a terrible map for 28 man pub. Just go to the map stats page for dallas: http://www.clanvpp.gameme.com/maps/csgo Nuke ct's win 65% of the time. It's only 1 week into august though, and I'm sure it will get much more skewed by the end of the month.

I can't wait until I am able to play again... There's nothing I like more than playing T side on Nuke! :D

[quote="soLicitous":31hn0av8]I can't wait until I am able to play again... There's nothing I like more than playing T side on Nuke! :D[/quote:31hn0av8] Did you get grounded? Haven't seen you in ages.

[quote="Du Ma":2fiph268][quote="soLicitous":2fiph268]I can't wait until I am able to play again... There's nothing I like more than playing T side on Nuke! :D[/quote:2fiph268] Did you get grounded? Haven't seen you in ages.[/quote:2fiph268] Someone gave my laptop a booze-bath. :roll:

The CT skin of the chick with the white medic costume is the one all the cheesedicks use because it looks smaller

IMO a good solution would be to always do an auto-scramble at the start of every map. Even if the the scramble produces stacked teams it would still lead to increased player satisfaction. Psychologically, its less frustrating for a person to lose when the loss is due to random chance (perceived or real). I have a pretty fast computer so I'm usually one of the first people in the server on map changes, and it's pretty comical to watch how the CT fills in so quickly, people going spectate to wait for a spot on CT, etc. Not just on nuke, pretty much every map.

I like when VPP admins stack CT on nuke only to quit when it's time to play T. Happens over and over.

I'm pretty much over it. You can always call em out on it, but they just respond by claiming " I always auto-pick". How about man up and just pick the harder side.

Hey asshats, I join CT on Nuke because I'm usually first in. But I do switch over to help sometimes. But I do always auto select when I join mid game. Some ppl go spectate then choose team.

[quote="Du Ma":3oi9qu4n]Hey asshats, I join CT on Nuke because I'm usually first in. But I do switch over to help sometimes. But I do always auto select when I join mid game. Some ppl go spectate then choose team.[/quote:3oi9qu4n] You're not who I had in mind... but I am totally putting you on the list now. :lol:

Do you even play anymore Soli? You're not grounded anymore right?

[quote="Du Ma":3pue3xke]Do you even play anymore Soli? You're not grounded anymore right?[/quote:3pue3xke] I am no longer grounded. :lol:

[quote="Du Ma":2mlddxkb]Hey asshats, I join CT on Nuke because I'm usually first in. But I do switch over to help sometimes. But I do always auto select when I join mid game. Some ppl go spectate then choose team.[/quote:2mlddxkb] I spectate and choose the losing team. COME AT ME BRO

The problem with team balance on the server on a couple of different levels. It would help if everyone who came in was nice enough to personally evaluate the skill level on each team and then join teams according to who they thought needed the most help. However, that's not going to happen. Auto-select just places you on the next team that needs a player, so its based strictly on the number of players per team. Same goes for the auto-balance. Strictly numbers based. Doesn't take into account player skill levels or K:D ratios or anything of the sort. The scramble options that we're given as admins aren't too helpful either. More often than not, the couple people per side that decided to stack will end up on the same teams again, as it simply takes the whole pool and randomly places them somewhere. Sometimes this will extend the match, because the stack will be moved to the other side, but more often than not it ends up having little effect. We do, however, need to stop stacking purposefully when we come into servers. I've heard VPP members hollering in their microphones at the end of games which side they wanted to stack so that their friends would join them in an effort to make the game one-sided. I understand people wanting to play with each other, but if you're looking to do that go somewhere like matchmaking or a smaller 5v5 or 10v10 server. 14v14 combat with stacked teams is quite often too overwhelming for people, and can be a huge turn-off as far as the server is concerned.

[quote="evetSliL":79r7xzxu]The problem with team balance on the server on a couple of different levels. It would help if everyone who came in was nice enough to personally evaluate the skill level on each team and then join teams according to who they thought needed the most help. However, that's not going to happen. Auto-select just places you on the next team that needs a player, so its based strictly on the number of players per team. Same goes for the auto-balance. Strictly numbers based. Doesn't take into account player skill levels or K:D ratios or anything of the sort. The scramble options that we're given as admins aren't too helpful either. More often than not, the couple people per side that decided to stack will end up on the same teams again, as it simply takes the whole pool and randomly places them somewhere. Sometimes this will extend the match, because the stack will be moved to the other side, but more often than not it ends up having little effect. We do, however, need to stop stacking purposefully when we come into servers. I've heard VPP members hollering in their microphones at the end of games which side they wanted to stack so that their friends would join them in an effort to make the game one-sided. I understand people wanting to play with each other, but if you're looking to do that go somewhere like matchmaking or a smaller 5v5 or 10v10 server. 14v14 combat with stacked teams is quite often too overwhelming for people, and can be a huge turn-off as far as the server is concerned.[/quote:79r7xzxu] This. 8-) Also, part of the reason the CTs always win Nuke is because the first half CTs leave when they have to play T.

[quote="Du Ma":2qypl0bx]Hey asshats, I join CT on Nuke because I'm usually first in. But I do switch over to help sometimes. But I do always auto select when I join mid game. Some ppl go spectate then choose team.[/quote:2qypl0bx] Not if I have something to say about it! Oh, I do auto pick for realz.