ClanVPP - Very Poor People
Sign in to follow this  
Toasty

Internet issues

A few weeks back I have been randomly Timing out in the Dallas server. Random times during the day. I also noticed now that a teamspeak server I have been going to forever is now doing the same thing. I have ran trace routes and when ever I disconnect It shows after the 5th destination everything past that is timed out. A few weeks back I also reformatted and installed windows 8.1. I'm waiting on the lease owner to provide me with the internet info so I can troubleshoot with ATT. Google comes up with nothing useful and steam troubleshooting is a joke. If anyone has any kind of idea what could be happening would be appreciated. Side note it seems anything to Dallas times out all other servers I can play on forever.

I have been having weird timeouts in Dallas as well. The connection error shows up in the top right with the 30s countdown to D/C. If I let it run until 15-20s, then BAM it catches back up and I'm playing again (seems to happen the most at the beginning of a round). As far as TS, I cant help you there. I dont dable with TS too often. Based on what you said about your tracert however, it would seem the have problems between data centers and arent providing reliable, stable connections. I would have them try providing you a new route, they can do that, regardless of what bullshit they feed you saying they cant.

If it is school provided internet, then you may be out of luck. Do you have a DSL line, or is it cable? If cable, then you realize that it depending on the number of users on the node you are connected to. Meaning you share bandwidth, so if there are alot of the users in your pool online, you will have less to work with.

I also had a little problem with school's internet. We have to share a 400kb cable internet with 4 people. 1 person downloads and my ping would shoot in the sky! You can't do anything about it... other than talk to your roommates and let them know they can't download while you are playing. Some people don't know what downloading means... they think YouTube doesnt download and stuff xD You have to explain with LEGOs sometimes :)