• Announcements

• ^FacE

Donation information   02/03/2017

Please be sure to include your steam ID and IGN in the comments while you donate so we know who its from if you're logged in as guest (Unless you're registered and signed in) It will automatically post a thread once you donate   If you did not include this information in your Donation Note, Please create a new Support Request here with the following information: Your In-Game Name SteamID
    • VPP_Liam

Player Support   03/12/2017

Please use our Support Central located here:http://clanvpp.com/forum/7-support-central/ CHATBOX IS NOT FOR SUPPORT
    • ^FacE

VPP LAN Party Late 2017/Early 2018   04/04/2017

Please click the following thread for more information and replies  
    • ^FacE

VPP Summer Tournament July 2017 **OPENED**   05/09/2017

Registration is now OPENED:  Check information and register here: VPP Summer Tourney 2017  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hippo

New maps and map voting?

19 posts in this topic

I've been playing on the Dallas VPP server for about 2-3 months now, and it's the only pub server I play at. Recently I've been thinking that maybe the head people of VPP should consider putting in more maps for us players to play on; preferably classic maps ( Office, Italy, etc) since currently there's only 5 maps to be played on. Maybe implementing this change will atttact attention from other CS:GO players who do not currently play on VPP and are looking for unique maps. I know some of the current VPP players may not like different maps being implemented and that's why I also think that players should be able to vote for the next map during a game. This will allow players to vote for the map they are "craving" to play at. Thank you for your time.

we did all those before, putting it on the rotation but during the morning, all those maps will empty the server, so its always up to the admin to vote for those maps. We can not edit the rotation by time frame.

I use to have map voting on UK people voted and got what map they wanted. But people voted Dust2 like alot even after Dust2 was played they wanted to play it again. But recently I have been thinking if people want to play Dust2 like another 5 times let them,they are all voting it because they want it, if it keeps people in because they can play on the map they want to play without a cycle let it be. Admins can vote for custom maps to be played mainly when the server is full or nearly full. Daddy will probably say different about map voting to me because the same map is played over and over. We add a more maps every now and then, we added in seasons to Dallas, and in the past we have added more maps for a limited time. But when adding other maps we got to think of the servers likings to each map we want to add. UK pub players don't seem to like Nuke or train when it comes in the cycle it suddenly comes down the server player count. They don't like train either. So you always need to consider what's popular and not a server killer for that server.

[quote="hippo":vjuzxpn6]I've been playing on the Dallas VPP server for about 2-3 months now, and it's the only pub server I play at. Recently I've been thinking that maybe the head people of VPP should consider putting in more maps for us players to play on; preferably classic maps ( Office, Italy, etc) since currently there's only 5 maps to be played on. Maybe implementing this change will atttact attention from other CS:GO players who do not currently play on VPP and are looking for unique maps. I know some of the current VPP players may not like different maps being implemented and that's why I also think that players should be able to vote for the next map during a game. This will allow players to vote for the map they are "craving" to play at. Thank you for your time.[/quote:vjuzxpn6] Stupid ideas are stupid. :P Juuuuust kidding... I see you've made it to the forums Hoppo! :D Introducing new maps is difficult. Sometimes even well-known maps that aren't part of the rotation (Season, Italy, Cobblestone, etc) will kill the server for whatever reason. I love playing different maps, but I don't want to play them on an empty server! Next time you see me, or any admin for that matter, ask about putting up a map vote if the server is populated.

morning time its best to leave it on stock rotation but during peak time, i would say 6 pm to 11 pm cst , the admins can put on cool custom maps

Ahh alright cool! I'll ask an admin next time for a map voting. P.S licitious I had no idea you were an admin O_O

As the others have said, it's something we actually want to do. At the same time, for whatever reason, the same maps that people really really want are the same maps that kill the server. Personally, season is my favorite scrim worthy map ever and it sucks I hardly ever get to play it. But, at the end of the day, even us have no real say. It's up to you guys because we luff you and we want everyone to keep playing. At the moment, it's appropriate for admins to start votes or change the map if everyone in the server wants to play it. As for end of the map voting, it's the same story. A map will win the vote by a huge margin and still the server will be half empty by the end of the pistol round. We'll work on it, thanks for the input.

I'm always trying to put a non-rotation map during peak hours but it is sometimes very hard, as many cases by the end of the pistol round server often times have like 16~18 people and sometimes, it doesnt even get full until like 10th round(which we want to keep the server as full as possible) and those blames that admins get from changing maps,(such as "You've killed the server, This map is bad, etc) just absolutely hurts admins that tries their best to bring extra fun to the players.

[quote="whosurdaddy972":1pb8zpa2]most of the time its the people that voted for a new map end up leaving, I don't know why[/quote:1pb8zpa2] Yep, when I had the map vote and nuke on UK the players who voted for Nuke and killed the server just left.

Everyone always leaves when its not rotation maps tho apart from like the regulars so it's only really a good idea when its late evening/night imo! Although I love playing Tokki's non rotation maps :D

I believe RTV is now outdated, ones that work here probably been fixed by coders part of a gaming community.

Very good Sourcepawn coders might be able to fix it if they know tahe code, but that depends if the original code is out there are there are 2 files for a basic plugin to be created. First thing you do to open any plugins code is to edit or create a .sp file, that's where all the coding takes place. Once you have done you attempt to compile it into a .smx file which is basically the plugin and its a drag and drop into the SM plugins folder. You can get errors when compiling the .sp file and there is a list of error codes. So what I'm getting at is coders will need the original .sp for RTV. I don't know if its still on the release thread on the SM forums or they removed the attached files on the post. But to fix it coders need the .sp file.

i would love to see map voting on the UK server and bring in more than the current maps, for example i would enjoy if nuke was introduced and possibly some other maps that the majority of the community want.

Awwe thats a shame however i guess its for the best if its a server killer so i stand by the decsion