VPP Discord server Read more... ×
ClanVPP
Sign in to follow this  
defau1t

26person Cali - Dropped on all map changes, and other stuff

Hi all, first thread. Had some ideas/suggestions that some of you might hopefully agree with: About 5-10 of us were talking tonight in chat about how we all get dropped every map change and have to 'retry' in console. It says because of a reserved slot in console. This seems to be buggy because I don't think you have any reserved slots? Any chance to look into this or ideas? One guy said it never happens to him anymore but used to. The afk checker is great. But once it moves me to spec, it doesn't allow me to rejoin either team. I think one time I saw "only one team change allowed" message, but I didn't change a team or anything. Then I have to type retry in console and most of the time my game crashes. I've never had CS crashing issues on other servers but can reproduce it easily on VPP The above two things often cause my scoreboard to be broken, which others were complaining about. Raccoon tonight had his radar messed after getting dropped on map change. A fix for these type of issues is to change resolution twice but it is annoying when it happens often. Hopefully valve fixes this but I'm wondering if it's a plugin messing it all up which means Valve won't fix it. I really liked this idea on this post: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=3671 But didn't see any follow up on it. Seems some people stack or always go CT every bomb map so they can camp and pad their ratio. Would be more fun to mix it up! Also this server seems to be full most nights.. needs more good admins! :mrgreen:

Hi, Bud thanks for addressing the problem. I will upgrade the slots to 32 , as of right now its 28 with 2 hidden slots for our reserved slots, so upgrading to 32 would help with the kicked for res slot. Afk manager will put you on spec but after 1 full round you can go back on a team. As for the radar, scroeboard and crashing its all valve not VPP servers. if you tab out and the map changes it will crashed your game. scoreboard been a problem since 6 patches ago but they won't fix it yet, game crashing been since 3 patches ago yet still not fixing. As for admins, yes our cali grew very very fast and we would love more admins. Most of our admins help patrol our Dallas and Canada but Cali and Uk are low on admins. Stay active and apply for community admin and thank you for telling us

Thanks for the quick reply. Yeah, your cali server blew up big and fast! Will probably apply at some point, I have experience and references and all that good stuff. Good to know about waiting a round, will give that a shot.

little late on this, but as for radar, showscores stuff, i VPP servers are the only ones i have an issue with, and it seems to happen when i get dropped and try reconnecting.

Hi, Strange its just our servers I just did a quick search on this issue you can try the following tips I have collected from steam forums: bind "TAB" "+showscores "Just change resolution, then change it back. Fixes it with out having to restart." Source of information: http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discu ... 948753152/ We will let you know what the possible casue could be and any fixes. But thats all I got at the moment, I don't think its server side no other complaints other than from you so Im just guessing its client side at the moment.