News Ticker
  • VPP has expanded into Destiny 2
  • CSGO: Donate for special perks such as skins and reserved slot!
  • Seeking ideas for a new CS:GO Dallas contest!
  • Join our Discord! https://discord.gg/s3nHJJ8
VPP Discord server Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
boots

Competitive servers desperately need auto-teampick

Hi Clan VPP, I love your California Competitive server, but it seems like a majority of games end in a very lopsided fashion (16-4 ish). I think this problem could be addressed by a plugin that autoselects your team when you join. It should also prohibit team switching, and would need an autobalance plugin as well for when numbers become lopsided.

Hi, I'm going to try and find one but that seems to be no working solution but I get what you mean like this is what would be a great idea I see this on Team Fortress 2 servers already. Join the server ----- Red Team: 10 players ----- Blue Team 12 players ----- Now on the team selection menu the Red Team selection box in this case would be grayed out and you can not click it and preventing you from joining that team so you have to click the Blue team, even if someone is trying to stack Red team and its still 10:12 the red team selecion box will still be grayed out and unable to be selected. Just needs a simple script to look like this: if CT current players is bigger than current T: Block CT selection if T current players is bigger than current CT: Block T selection if CT and T current players are equel: Keep both unlocked Just would need to figure how to put all that into Sourcepawn code. Only if I was a expert at Sourcepawn if it was python it might be able to do since I do know alot about Python.

As far as I know there IS an autobalance plugin in place that does changes after a round or two. As admins, we try to scramble quite frequently (we scrambled a few times on Dallas last night but it didn't really do too much). We COULD use a better balance system but we'd need the help of coders etc. Thanks for the suggestion!

Going to check with the Toronto Darkly guys and gals. They've got an auto-select plugin that forces people to stay on the team they were on and avoids stacking. See what plugin it is.

I sent a steam IM to someone who had a server with auto team balance, but he is MIA and no response. Anyone know what script CaliCS used to run? There is also the built in autobalance, but I haven't experimented with it in GO, e.g.: mp_autoteambalance <0/1>Force clients to auto-join the opposite team if they are not balanced. Default: on "mp_limitteams" = "2" min. 0.000000 max. 30.000000 game notify replicated (Max # of players 1 team can have over another (0 disables check) mp_force_pick_time = 15 default : The amount of time a player has on the team screen to make a selection before being auto-teamed I think it works for people joining, which may already be enabled. I don't think the built in stuff switches people though based on skill, or based on if half of one team quits. But if the server doesn't already have it, these may help preventing stacking if one team is already down players.

One of the korean community that i played had similar plugin except it either shuffled->prohibited the team swap at the first round or let the game go free like regular game where people just freely decide to stack up. but everytime they scrambled up the team, for next 3 rounds at least players were prohibited from swapping.

The Canada server definitely has its fair share of one-sided matches too. Maybe add a command in-game like '!scramble' that scrambles the teams if 60% or more of the players vote for it?

[quote="dave.h.":2iiupj1s]The Canada server definitely has its fair share of one-sided matches too. Maybe add a command in-game like '!scramble' that scrambles the teams if 60% or more of the players vote for it?[/quote:2iiupj1s] It is the responsibility of the administrators, when they are in-game, to scramble or balance out the teams when they deem it to be necessary. A voting command that players can use may be feasible but may rarely work in practice; most players lack the desire or responsibility to switch teams on their own to balance them. If a poll were taken, it is likely that the members of the winning team will simply vote to keep the teams the way they are, ensuring that the teams are never scrambled when necessary.

I usually feel pretty helpless when it comes to evening out teams. There's nothing that pisses people off more than un-stacking a team that they stacked. Every complaint about me as an admin has been related to me un-stacking the teams on one of the servers.

[quote="EMT_Batman":hs59m0ys][quote="dave.h.":hs59m0ys]The Canada server definitely has its fair share of one-sided matches too. Maybe add a command in-game like '!scramble' that scrambles the teams if 60% or more of the players vote for it?[/quote:hs59m0ys] It is the responsibility of the administrators, when they are in-game, to scramble or balance out the teams when they deem it to be necessary. A voting command that players can use may be feasible but may rarely work in practice; most players lack the desire or responsibility to switch teams on their own to balance them. If a poll were taken, it is likely that the members of the winning team will simply vote to keep the teams the way they are, ensuring that the teams are never scrambled when necessary.[/quote:hs59m0ys] Good point - I was just putting a suggestion out there. The issue is that I rarely see any administrators on the Canada server take any measures to scramble or balance the teams. 'Team Bruce' is a pretty common occurrence on the Canada server.

[quote="whosurdaddy972":3ew8142m]we have admins on canada? Dave you should apply for admin, you get free perks too :>[/quote:3ew8142m] Haha, I was actually planning on applying for Canada admin. I've been trying to get my ten forum posts in. :D

[quote="FNG":tpo27n81]The problem with the current scramble is it just reverses the stack.[/quote:tpo27n81] I am unsure as to how the scramble function is implemented. It may be completely random or based on players' statistics such as KDA. Toan might be able to shed more light on this. [quote="dave.h":tpo27n81]'Team Bruce' is a pretty common occurrence on the Canada server.[/quote:tpo27n81] Lol whenever I see 'Team Bruce' happen, I go into a fit of rage.

[quote="soLicitous":2dhnckd5]I usually feel pretty helpless when it comes to evening out teams. There's nothing that pisses people off more than un-stacking a team that they stacked. Every complaint about me as an admin has been related to me un-stacking the teams on one of the servers.[/quote:2dhnckd5] I've definitely seen this happen. Some players are incredibly selfish and lack even a modicum of sense when it comes to playing fair in a community server. Personally, I couldn't care less about players' complaints in regards to administrators putting forth a genuine effort to ensure a fair game for everyone. To put it bluntly, their complaints are biased and therefore invalid; if they don't enjoy playing a fair game with balanced teams, they're welcome to leave.

[quote="whosurdaddy972":2zt71on2]scramble is not that great really, its just random shit. Not one good plugin out on Sourcemod for anti stacking[/quote:2zt71on2] Damn, that's unfortunate. I thought it scrambled based on stats or score.

One of the best scrambling mod i saw was to have it set on random sequence in the beginning of the map where options are either 1. Not to be scrambled or 2. Have it scrambled + prohibit the team switches afterward because while it is possible to have a totally stacked team either way First, we do not know in which map we are going to have a scrambled team so it is more difficult for one to stack up if one tries(they may be able to-if scramble doesn't occur/scramble put them on same team but less probability than allowing them to stack up every time) Second, After the scramble we prohibit the team switches so we don't have those fly-by after the first round result(even though some may bitch-out and reconnect, possible problem 1.) and Third scramble happens at the beginning of the match which prevents problem of-(advantages to those members losing to the winning team and disadvantages to the members on winning side being sent to losing side) Problem? We still have possible problem of stacked team since it's all based on the probability, but at least if scramble occurs, it won't be "INTENTIONAL" stacking we see quite often. Next question you might ask, is where can we get it? I dont know. My question for team selection setup in our server. Can we at least prohibit the team switches for next (#number) of rounds since one's team selection so we can at least partially prevent fly-by's from switching after the first round result?