VPP Discord server Read more... ×
ClanVPP
Sign in to follow this  
paragod

Server Skins

I get that donators deserve something nice for keeping the servers afloat with their generosity, but the skins in the game give a huge advantage to anyone wearing one of them. For example, with the Homer skin, 75% of his head is not even part of the hit box, so you see this huge skin, but it's hard as hell to get a headshot on anyone wearing the skin because you don't know what part of the body actually counts and what doesn't. Then you have any of the female skins, they're ridiculously thin and also hard as hell to hit. Not to toot my own horn, but I am an above average player skill wise, and I'm consistent when it comes to getting headshots on a good portion of my kills, but with these skins people wear, it makes it 10x harder to keep that consistency. Now for lesser skilled players, they're not going to give two shits, they rarely get headshots and that's perfectly okay, they won't notice a difference. For people that are above average though and fairly good at the game, it's very frustrating. If I was the only person frustrated by the skins, I'd just ignore it and continue on, but it has been a constant thing for the last week where every time I play, several players at a time are pissed off and raging about the skins. It has gotten to the point where if I join the server, it is guaranteed that at some point while I'm playing there's going to be atleast one person angry about these skins.

[quote="whosurdaddy972":2kxpxq89]Where are you located? We have a cali server with no skins, but Dallas server was meant to be a fun server.[/quote:2kxpxq89] Texas server. I enjoy the server, just find the skins to be obnoxious because of how hard it is to accurately know where hitboxes are. Puts the player wearing the skin at a major advantage. Also, I play Texas server because I live in Texas, playing in the Cali server with high ping doesn't interest me.

I agree with Para, the skins are not cool. Often times it is extremely hard to see the person because they blend in so well. In my opinion it does give the wearer and unfair advantage. I do donate but still don't like them.

I agree some of the skins really give an advantage to the player using them. For people like myself who live on the East coast, Cali servers are just not a valid option. As far as I'm aware, both Dallas and Canada have these custom skins.

I know you said Dallas was meant to be a fun server but that place gets very competitive. Would it be possible to take a vote for Dallas as well. I live in SC so Dallas has the best ping for me.