News Ticker
  • VPP has expanded into Destiny 2
  • CSGO: Donate for special perks such as skins and reserved slot!
  • Seeking ideas for a new CS:GO Dallas contest!
  • Join our Discord! https://discord.gg/s3nHJJ8
VPP Discord server Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
AzyTazer

More advertisement for Canada server

For people that don't know, we do have a Canada server, for some reason that I don't remember, the server went missing and popped back around a week ago but there is no traffic. Up until now, the server received no advertisement and is always dead while Dallas is receiving constant traffic (Many players went to play on Dallas as well). The current situation for Dallas is unaccommodating for new players, as people getting dropped constantly to make space for our donators. Of course, it is not unfair but please, advertise Canada more so people have a place to play on and don't get dropped after 10-15 rounds. I started out playing on Canada around 6-7 months ago, the server is never as dead as it is now so please, make it known to the p̶l̶e̶b̶s̶ regular players. It's a waste of resource letting a server going near empty 24/7 like this. TL;DR: Canada server is dead while Dallas is always crowded, might be better to split the traffic. [b:x3a28avr]VPP Canada is 192.99.148.54:27015, please stop by once in a while.[/b:x3a28avr] Thanks for reading.

we are moving the server to NY soon, but many servers are empty now due to valve's getting people to play on their casual servers. Many players from psl, abm and other community that have shut down went to VPP Dallas. Our canada is pretty much dead and our Cali server is on life support right now.

That's true, I mean I saw a lot of pub servers went poof these few months and Dallas seems got a little more traffic because of it. The thing is that the amount of people pouring to Dallas is a little too much as far as I see it. Do we still put messages about other VPP servers on the green server texts? I seen them before but can't recall if I seen any recently. If not then I think putting them on might be a good idea, at least then people might know that there are other places as well.

We could open another Dallas server to handle the influx of new players, then shut it down later if it isn't as active. Yeah, an eastern server would be much appreciated, playing on Dallas with 100ms is too hard :(

If our main traffic is around Dallas area then another Dallas server would work, more and more people are getting donations in and as far as I can see it, regular players get dropped every 15-40 minutes, it's frustrating and unaccommodating for new people as well as other regular players. Who would really want to play in a server where they get kicked before each half? To be honest, I feel like Dallas is becoming pay to play now, it's great to have more donations but it's kinda killing new players.

[quote="AzyTazer":2mg2d6ni]If our main traffic is around Dallas area then another Dallas server would work, more and more people are getting donations in and as far as I can see it, regular players get dropped every 15-40 minutes, it's frustrating and unaccommodating for new people as well as other regular players. Who would really want to play in a server where they get kicked before each half? To be honest, I feel like Dallas is becoming pay to play now, it's great to have more donations but it's kinda killing new players.[/quote:2mg2d6ni] Usually the server is full during the day full of non res but once it hits around 8-9 eastern time the res slots pick up, it's what happens when most people have free time later on in their day. I think we could use an eastcoast server, Canada used to be more popular last year but many of the players migrated to dallas i believe