VPP Discord server Read more... ×
ClanVPP
Sign in to follow this  
Nickaasaur

Dallas worse after update?

The start money back to $800 is the best thing ever, but there seems to be other issues with the server now. So Dallas says 100 tick now (actually 102.4). First off, isn't this a surfing tickrate? Does anyone actually play on 66 or 102.4 tickrates? My rates are stuck at 66/s and won't change even if I go spec and change them to 102.4. Have had several other players with the same issue. Also seems like the interp got much worse, but not sure if that's only me. Is there a reason we can't just have 128 tick? Canada and NYC are both 128 tick and neither of them get played. In fact I don't think Canada has had more than 10 players for 6+ months. What's the reasoning behind having the 2 least popular servers have a higher tickrate than the server that's full nearly 24/7? Can we just get two central 128 tick servers and close down CA or NYC? Two Dallas or one Dallas and one Chicago seem like the best options.

going to 128 tick means we have to lower the slot down to 20 like NY and Cali. Valve release a patch about 3 months ago that really affect the server tick rate. We could open another Dallas server for 20 slots 128 tick, but I would need a lot of help getting it started. Right now Cali and NY are fairly empty and its pointless to open another server and waste money. I will open it once cali or NY starts to populate better

[quote="whosurdaddy972":sebe12t3]going to 128 tick means we have to lower the slot down to 20 like NY and Cali. Valve release a patch about 3 months ago that really affect the server tick rate. We could open another Dallas server for 20 slots 128 tick, but I would need a lot of help getting it started. Right now Cali and NY are fairly empty and its pointless to open another server and waste money. I will open it once cali or NY starts to populate better[/quote:sebe12t3] Canada says it has 32 slots at 128 tick, is it just a display error on the slots? Is it not possible to relocate or close this server and set up something like a 20ish slot Chicago server? I just think central servers will be more popular, since Canada gets almost no play at all, even less than NY. Dallas is so popular that it's actually hard to get in during peak hours if you don't have a reserved slot, so I imagine another central server could easily fill up with the players unable to get into Dallas.

[quote="Nickaasaur":3b3sf7uc][quote="whosurdaddy972":3b3sf7uc]going to 128 tick means we have to lower the slot down to 20 like NY and Cali. Valve release a patch about 3 months ago that really affect the server tick rate. We could open another Dallas server for 20 slots 128 tick, but I would need a lot of help getting it started. Right now Cali and NY are fairly empty and its pointless to open another server and waste money. I will open it once cali or NY starts to populate better[/quote:3b3sf7uc] Canada says it has 32 slots at 128 tick, is it just a display error on the slots? Is it not possible to relocate or close this server and set up something like a 20ish slot Chicago server? I just think central servers will be more popular, since Canada gets almost no play at all, even less than NY. Dallas is so popular that it's actually hard to get in during peak hours if you don't have a reserved slot, so I imagine another central server could easily fill up with the players unable to get into Dallas.[/quote:3b3sf7uc] It has nothing to do with the location. It's how much the CPU can handle CSGO. the update from 3 months ago change the way models work in CSGO, and it resulted in more resources being utilized by CSGO. Operating server with 128 tick + high population became pretty much impossible. It causes constant choke, meaning you will experience teleporting, shots not being registered, etc since server cannot handle all the data that is being sent in and out. Our Cali server for example, with max 22 people @ 128 tick, there are occasional choke. Dallas server with 128 tick with 28+ population, some people have experience 30%+ choke rate, which makes the game pretty much unplayable. For now, you just have to deal with this. There really isnt a fix, other than upgrading the server box(Expensive$$$$$$$$$$$$). Unless Valve release a patch that allows CSGO servers to use less resources. the whole situation is frustrating for all of us right now, operating at current tick with current max pop. for the server is the best choice we have. it still allows us to run the server higher than 64tick, while having decent amount of people in the server for pub.

[quote="Moo":11l5rrmd]It has nothing to do with the location. It's how much the CPU can handle CSGO. the update from 3 months ago change the way models work in CSGO, and it resulted in more resources being utilized by CSGO. Operating server with 128 tick + high population became pretty much impossible. It causes constant choke, meaning you will experience teleporting, shots not being registered, etc since server cannot handle all the data that is being sent in and out.[/quote:11l5rrmd] That makes more sense, thanks for the explanation. Is it not possible to close a server like Canada or NYC that get almost no players and setup a server with 20 slots @128tick in Chicago or a secondary server in Dallas? The biggest problem with these servers is anyone who lives on the opposite coast from the server will likely not join due to having 90+ ping. I live in MA so playing on Cali would give me nearly 100 ping, which is only around 10-15 less than I ping to Europe. So playing on a Cali server is much more difficult and vise versa for anyone on the West Coast trying to play on Canada or NYC. I believe this is the reason these servers get less players than Dallas. Having more central servers would mean people from both sides of the US can play with reasonable ping, and a Chicago host would mean players from Canada would get good ping as well. It just seems like with the overflowing population on Dallas, another central server could easily pick up the extra players, and 20 slots would be plenty. EDIT: [quote="whosurdaddy972":11l5rrmd]Canada is at 32 slots and 128 tick but I havent touch that server in months. Server prob not even working but that server is shutting down after our box expires[/quote:11l5rrmd] Well I joined it just to test the tickrate and it loaded up the map alright, didn't really stick around to test it out more. I imagine it wouldn't handle many players though.

[quote="whosurdaddy972":27hsct2x]We had 2 dallas pubs before but the community voted for NY so we had to closed dallas #2 and open NY. Closing won't happen for a while because I still want to keep my East coast players a chance to get it populated[/quote:27hsct2x] Fair enough, as an East coast player I love the idea of a NY server. It just hasn't been getting many players until pretty recently.

As someone who lives in Cali but plays mostly on the Dallas server. The people who play on Dallas make it so popular. The fun "trash talk" between regulars, yet also being helpful, and some who really take the competitive aspect seriously but not over the top, really makes the game more enjoyable.