VPP Discord server Read more... ×
ClanVPP
Sign in to follow this  
JadeAKAJade

"Stacking" Preventative

I know there's nothing we can do if all the good players try to get on the same side of a match.  But the Dallas server allows players to join a certain side even if the two sides aren't balanced.  For example it is 10v10, then 11v10.  After that the server allows an additional person to make it 12v10 and I think even one more in certain circumstances.  Is there any way to limit it to 1 over?  Or is that a CS:GO or steam issue that can't be controlled by any individual server?

Would be awesome if we could implement that perspective.I play a lot in the Dallas server and often time, pretty late or early afternoon when there are no admins, a lot of people just stack sides which kills the server as people rq. If implemented it would make the games more fair.

I will get something in the works. Like yellow said it is possible. If it is 12v13 and a new player joins they have to join the 12 and so and so on.

As for all the good players seem to be all on one side and there are no admins we could possibly allow users to use the default vote scramble and a certain amount of yes votes would be needed for the server to scramble everyone in the server.

I have added a server cvar (mp_autobalance 1) which forces a new client to join the unbalanced team. It basically blocks you from choosing the side that has 14 while the other side has 13.

Hopefully this fixes the issue with stacking teams when joining the server on unbalanced team sizes.

• Like 1

Yeah, idk if there is installed any team balancer, but if there is - it will conflict together with SRCDS's one, so you might want to think of choosing one over another, don't mix them :D

I think we have a teambalancer plugin but it sometimes can be slow. If you know any PM if you want I can take a look and compare them to the one we have currently installed.

I like the mp_autobalance, however I would suggest not adding the scramble voting system. In the past(I used to play a lot in other community servers) I have seen it been abused by players massively. Just an admin present should scramble the teams based on the players level instead. Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NotMario said:

I mean, if it is being abused by the players we can hopefully have our other players report them :>?

Sure, that's plausible also ^^

Yeah I read on sourcemod forums a lot of the owners who posted on the voting megathread said they had disabled their voting system due to players abusing it.

Wasn't working anyway when I tried to add the voting for scramble only back in so even if it would not get abused it seems to not work anyway. The new scrambler system now detects other aspects of unbalanced games not just by uneven teams.

I disabled the valves autobalance and added a plugin that is more efficient after reading into it (See the latest changelog for details) and players can not stack a team when they join (as described in my post about autobalance) 

4 minutes ago, VPP_Liam said:

Yeah I read on sourcemod forums a lot of the owners who posted on the voting megathread said they had disabled their voting system due to players abusing it. Wasn't working anyway when I tried to add the voting for scramble only back in.

I disabled the valves autobalance and added a plugin that is more efficient after reading into it (See the latest changelog for details) and players can not stack a team when they join (as described in my post about autobalance) 

Yup, used to be on abm for quite a while before it was shut down and few other servers as well.

1 hour ago, HEHE said:

I like the mp_autobalance, however I would suggest not adding the scramble voting system. In the past(I used to play a lot in other community servers) I have seen it been abused by players massively. Just an admin present should scramble the teams based on the players level instead. Just my 2 cents.

Not sure how the scramble voting system will be "abused". Even if the requirement to scramble was a "yes" vote of 60%, this will never pass. Some players on the losing team will be too lazy to vote and players on the winning team will always vote "no". The 80% requirement makes me question why this voting system was implemented in the first place.

It's better to just remove the system completely so that players can just play the game rather than seeing the vote pop up every other round.

3 hours ago, FriendlyMushroom said:

Not sure how the scramble voting system will be "abused". Even if the requirement to scramble was a "yes" vote of 60%, this will never pass. Some players on the losing team will be too lazy to vote and players on the winning team will always vote "no". The 80% requirement makes me question why this voting system was implemented in the first place.

It's better to just remove the system completely so that players can just play the game rather than seeing the vote pop up every other round.

Perhaps there is 80% requirement now, but as you said in the end, people in the losing team will just vote for it every round, which can be quite an annoyance. I have just seen is being abused too much in the past, that's why I just suggested it.