News Ticker
  • VPP has expanded into Destiny 2
  • CSGO: Donate for special perks such as skins and reserved slot!
  • Seeking ideas for a new CS:GO Dallas contest!
  • Join our Discord! https://discord.gg/s3nHJJ8
VPP Discord server Read more... ×
VPP_Liam

Points System Feedback

After reading chat and players of the server messaging me the default point system is currently not the best.

If you have a suggestion to how the point system can be changed let us know by replying here. More comments we get it is easier for me to understand how we can improve the system. Alternatively you can leave me a comment on my Steam profile here

I will play a few games myself and see what I think could be done to improve the system.

If the point system is found to be major concering expect a update in the coming weeks if it's only a minor number of complaints the system will not be changed. Our main priority is keeping our player base and the majority happy.

Hey Liam! I'm glad you made this post. What I was trying to say is that explosives are so easy to get kills with. Yet the modifier is 3.00 for most explosive weapons. (Insurgency) I was thinking maybe we could make the explosives at a 1.00 modifier and increase the modifier of harder weapons to use. E.g. Knives, pistols, bolt action snipers.

Anyway, just a thought. Thanks for the post :P

I can look into that and see if we can control those values ourselves, we should be able to since you can edit the gamemode settings

Hello! I agree with Elden that explosives should have lower modifier than knives because it is very easy to get kills using explosives. Also, it can also reduce the number of spawn c4s and rpgs that ruins the game and can actually make players rage quit. Thanks!

I will get a server installed (benefits of being at Swiftnode) as a Insurgency test server and try and see if these settings can be altered. If we can get some players in to test it this afternoon that will be great!

Great I will make an announcement on the server we can either get people on teamspeak or a discord server and we can manage things through there. Server is still installing on the machine so once that's installed on the box we can begin testing.

• Like 1

After a discussion with our admins on Texas when the server is empty and after testing we have come up with the following new modifiers:

Explosives: 1.5 #C4 kills were a easy boost of points

Pistols 2.0

Knives 3.0

Objectives (Capture) +10 (was +5) #Not many people follow the actual objective of the and rather play it as DM

Objectives {Destroy) +10 (was +5) #Not many people follow the actual objective of the and rather play it as DM

Edited by VPP_Liam
Updated
  • Like 1

Also, points for capping objectives should be doubled! Nobody plays objective anymore >:(

Edited by Elden

I got myself an Insurgency crew now! I have an excuse to play (well I should really be playing it's in my role description I think kappa

• Like 1

I'm going to perform a little necromancy here, revive this post and give my 2 cents on the topic.

Is there any way to talk to GameMe about adjusting the values?  As Elden originally said, the gain/loss for explosives is WAY too high.  It's great for games like CSGO, where explosives are relatively weak, but not so much for Insurgency where getting multiple kills from a nade/c4/rocket is a very common occurrence.  On the flip side, knife kills are damned hard to make in this game, but the multiplier is so low.

If GameMe is willing to make changes, would you guys be willing to put a cap on point loss?  TGB seems to do it successfully on their server, although I personally think the cap of 2 is too low.  10 or even 15 would be a lot more reasonable.

Cheers.

• Like 1

-I vote in favor of a 15 point cap.*10 is too low and 15 seems just right.

-Explosive multiplier should be halved. If there is a way to entertain changing different explosives I have a breakdown for that as well.

-10 points per objective cap and if possible 15 points for a solo cap.

-3x Multiplier for knives

-2x Multiplier for pistols

The modifiers can't be changed so the only way is to cap the deduction. For me, I think that 10pts deduction should be enough because it's so unfair to players with high points and has been playing on the server for a long time. I started playing in LA server since it went up and it took me 8 days server time to be at the rank 10 but in the TX server I got the 1st rank in less than 3 days due to starting late and taking 15pts+ from players with higher points. Like Elden, there are several good regular players that rarely play in the server due to high deductions. I myself for example, my server play time on LA and TX server went down due to losing 25pts for every death and gaining 2pts for every kill. Another reason why I think 10 should be enough because it is kinda challenging to have 5 consecutive kills without dying in the game where 1-3shots can instantly kill you.