• Announcements

• ^FacE

Donation information   02/03/2017

Please be sure to include your steam ID and IGN in the comments while you donate so we know who its from if you're logged in as guest (Unless you're registered and signed in) It will automatically post a thread once you donate   If you did not include this information in your Donation Note, Please create a new Support Request here with the following information: Your In-Game Name SteamID
    • VPP_Liam

Player Support   03/12/2017

Please use our Support Central located here:http://clanvpp.com/forum/7-support-central/ CHATBOX IS NOT FOR SUPPORT
    • ^FacE

VPP LAN Party Late 2017/Early 2018   04/04/2017

Please click the following thread for more information and replies  
    • ^FacE

VPP Summer Tournament July 2017 **OPENED**   05/09/2017

Registration is now OPENED:  Check information and register here: VPP Summer Tourney 2017  
Magugu

Can't join server.

28 posts in this topic

Since yesterday I've been unable to join the Dallas VPP Competitive 128 tick server.
It doesn't even show up. If I type console and enter "Connect 192.223.29.203:27015" it freezes for 3 minutes. Then the game says

"Failed to connect :30 times" When I check the console log it says "Banned by server."

If I plug my laptop in through cable it works just fine. The server shows up.

I asked admin around if I was banned they said "No."

20170127210335_1.jpg

Edited by Magugu
Photo

I am not seeing you banned on sourcebans, or gameMe. This is weird and i havent seen this myself before. Maybe you got IP Banned somehow, and it's rejecting your connection. Check to see if your firewall has been changed or updated and is blocking connections. Restart steam / PC and unplug router? Verify cache? Reinstall? Try to trouble shoot it. The one thing i dont get is the banned by server message, where if you were banned it wouldnt keep retrying your connection.

Unplug your modem and replug it so you get a new ip :D. Try that. I'm thinking you're IP banned somehow o_o

1 hour ago, Magugu said:

Since yesterday I've been unable to join the Dallas VPP Competitive 128 tick server.
It doesn't even show up. If I type console and enter "Connect 192.223.29.203:27015" it freezes for 3 minutes. Then the game says

"Failed to connect :30 times" When I check the console log it says "Banned by server."

If I plug my laptop in through cable it works just fine. The server shows up.

I asked admin around if I was banned they said "No."

20170127210335_1.jpg

FOUND THIS ONLINE, MAYBE TRY IT.

Go Into You Steam Library - > CS:Go -> Set Start Option -> and write "+clientport 2700X" X = 6/7/8/9!

For Example:
If you already writen that Down at Start Option ("+clientport 27006")
AND IT STILL DOESNT WORK when you wanted to join an Competitive Server
Close CS:Go FAST (Because you got 3-5 Minutes to Connect to an Competitive Game before you got Banned)
Go Again Steam Library -> CS:Go -> Set Start Option -> and write "+clientport 27007"
Change the ->6<- to ->7<- ! Push ok.
Start CS:GO Again and connect fast to your Competitve / Public Game.

MAYBE TRY RUNNING AS ADMINISTRATOR AS WELL.

Edited by AdminPolice

Nothin has worked. I restarted router/modem and no success.

On GameMe stats shows you were playing for an hour yesterday. Also I got your ip so you are not ip banned on the server. Check your connection or firewall

1 hour ago, Welcome to ClanVPP said:

On GameMe stats shows you were playing for an hour yesterday. Also I got your ip so you are not ip banned on the server. Check your connection or firewall

He borrowed his neighbors WEB i think he said

Yea, I'm borrowing my neighbors Wifi to get on the server.

If I used my home network the dallas server doesn't show up.

This is my Network addresses.

Screenshot (2).png

Edited by Magugu

Do you have a different router you could use? Borrow your neighbors .

I think we should all ask

Why is he avoiding using his own WAN ip 

Why not fix that than to keep using the neighbors Wi-Fi

What's your external ip of both your wan and your neighbors wan

Also do a trace route from both networks to the Dallas server and see where it times out

Dude, I don't think Magugu is trying to hide anything. He has asked me for help many times with other computer problems. Something is probably messed up with his router. You guys are asking him to do things that I doubt he understands. 

1 person likes this

He has asked me a few times also about him being unable to connect. And he does play on the server quite often and pretty chill so I don't he has anything to hide. It probably some kind of error on his connectivity that is making him unable to join. Maybe try to change your ip via contacting your provider Magugu. 

Alright. Well, hm.....you guys have to add me on steam messenger. That way you can guide me step by step on what to do.

I have access to my router.

First, try borrowing a router or used another one if you have an extra one. Do you know how to connect and router?

saw him connect today around this time

Flush DNS and request a new IP address from your ISP server by following these steps.

• Click Start
  • Click run
  • In the run box type cmd.exe and click OK
  • When the command prompt opens type the following. ENTER after each new line.
  • ipconfig /flushdns
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    exit

The commands are:

ipconfig/flushdns
ipconfig/release
ipconfig/renew

1 person likes this

Nothing worked. So, I'm out of ideas. Oh, well.

18 minutes ago, Magugu said:

Nothing worked. So, I'm out of ideas. Oh, well.

Last ditch efforts:

Call your ISP and ask them to change your IP address manually

Not sure if you did this, but try swapping routers

Plug computer directly into modem and test

ISPs no longer take requests to change your Public IP

Thats been knwon for at least the last 5 years.

Especially with Verizon.

And that is not how you change your public IP (by flushdns), that only refreshes your internal info.

The way I found out how i changed mine (Done this a few times). Is to unplug your modem (YES, that means NO internet), for a period of 24 hours.

As this 24 hours is the lease you have on your DHCP address. Once that time has passed. The ISP automatically will give you a new IP next time your router is in contact with the company. Thus renewing your lease on a new IP address.

The only way I can see you actually REQUESTING a new IP is if you bought a static IP service with the ISP. Buying a reserved static IP with your ISP are mainly used by companys that host websites as their DNS entries allow for users to connect to their outside IP to get to their web servers.

Residential people who host servers or shares sometimes buy static IP leases (Costs a bit) for that same reason and can control their environment more effectively.

Ultimately. Unless you have purchased a static IP from your ISP. Your WAN will generally "renew" once your lease is up. Which is typically 24hrs of inactivity (Or none, if you disconnect)