ClanVPP
  • Announcements

• ^FacE

Donation information   02/03/2017

Please be sure to include your steam ID and IGN in the comments while you donate so we know who its from if you're logged in as guest (Unless you're registered and signed in) It will automatically post a thread once you donate   If you did not include this information in your Donation Note, Please create a new Support Request here with the following information: Your In-Game Name SteamID
    • VPP_Liam

Player Support   03/12/2017

Please use our Support Central located here:http://clanvpp.com/forum/7-support-central/ CHATBOX IS NOT FOR SUPPORT
    • ^FacE

VPP LAN Party Late 2017/Early 2018   04/04/2017

Please click the following thread for more information and replies  
    • ^FacE

VPP Winter 2018 Tournament   09/01/2017

Its that time of year again. Sign up by January 8th, 2018.  Click here for details
Sign in to follow this  
mdnght

Option to disable player skins

mdnght    13

Not sure if it's possible, but I know myself and many others would like some method of turning off player skins.  Perhaps have it as an option for people with res slots if possible.

EDIT:  I mean this as in the client won't view the skins unless they choose to and other clients will still view them.  Not sure how skins are implemented in the server and if it's possible, just wondering.

Edited by mdnght

VPP_Liam    1,056

It may not be a feature to implement.

As you mentioned, it's all server side controlled and you have to download the model files to be able to join the server.

However, logically I don't see how you can toggle using a command that blocks the custom models appearing on your client.

However (again), our skins replace the whole original CSGO model not appearing over the top. It's a whole new model but with the approximate same hitbox config as the original models. Its removing the players original model off the server and replacing it with the custom. So technically when a player uses a custom model the original valve model no longer exists on them.

It is impossible and unfair that certain players see the original model with the correct hitbox and config while others see a custom model with possibly slightly off hitboxes and altered configs. If players didn't want to see the custom model they would have to use the original model spawned in with valves model config.

It is most likely not doable since it's getting rid of the players original Valve model and replacing it with ours and not a graphical skin but a whole model. Thats why it is essential to downlod the model files.

It's not viewing a image if you get what I mean you see a whole new body being used. The players using the skins are not wearing a costume they are putting over their Valve model but waking in a new body.

mdnght    13
1 hour ago, mdnght said:

No idea why, but the forum is messing up for me and forcing me to quote myself.  I get what you're saying.  Just didn't know if it was just a texture overlay or if hitboxes and such were changed as well and if there was any way for the server to dictate who does and doesn't see skins.  It's just something a lot of people have complained about recently, though on the other side of things just as many people use them and donate so they can have that privilege.  

Edited by mdnght

MyNameDaru    0

It'd be great to remove custom skins altogether. They're clearly abused for their model-hitbox inconsistencies (I'm looking at you, HEHE). The most problematic is Dr. Valencia.

Also consider that most of us, if not all, donate for the reserved slot and to support the server. Custom skins is probably not an incentive.

HEHE    22

@MyNameDaru, I do not really wear it to abuse the hit boxes. Its mostly just for fun and since its there that I use it. There are quite a lot of other skins also that can be seen as problematic, such as predator in t side which blends in with most of the backgrounds. I do not think using the skins is a BIG issue at all. And as Liam said the hit boxes of these skins are pretty much the same as the original models. So I do not see the point of people arguing over the usage of them.