• Announcements

• ^FacE

Donation information   02/03/2017

Please be sure to include your steam ID and IGN in the comments while you donate so we know who its from if you're logged in as guest (Unless you're registered and signed in) It will automatically post a thread once you donate   If you did not include this information in your Donation Note, Please create a new Support Request here with the following information: Your In-Game Name SteamID
    • VPP_Liam

Player Support   03/12/2017

Please use our Support Central located here:http://clanvpp.com/forum/7-support-central/ CHATBOX IS NOT FOR SUPPORT
    • ^FacE

VPP LAN Party Late 2017/Early 2018   04/04/2017

Please click the following thread for more information and replies  
    • ^FacE

VPP Summer Tournament July 2017 **OPENED**   05/09/2017

Registration is now OPENED:  Check information and register here: VPP Summer Tourney 2017  
Yeti

acknowledged
All Teams are Full (15v16) Dallas Server

16 posts in this topic

Teams are full at 15v16, forces to spec mode. Discussed with shaggy to confirm.

yes its a 30 man servers and most map has 15 v15 spawn points, I need to go thru some more non donors and take them out

1 person likes this

With cobble, max on CT side is 15 but 16 on T side. Once we had 16 players on CT on that map and two players will be stuck in each other.

I may need to add that plugin I mentioned to you shootamaim, I only did a team limit change and turned it off in the config, seems it hasn't helped, may need to try the plugin I linked and if that doesn't help I will look into the plugin you just linked

Testing fix now

P.S Can someone describe what the problem is with a little more detail so I can figure out a fix with a bit of coding? So far I know our max slots for the server are 30 correct but -2 or something (hidden) so only 28 players can join who are not on reserve slot?

Most maps have at least 30 players able to play. Some maps we can have 2 players in spectate or 4 players in spectate. This is only if they are all donors. So on maps like train, we can only have a max of 30 players with reserve slots that can play. On overpass  we can have 32 players with reserve slots that can play. I guess the only problem is on cobble where only 15 players can join Ct because of spawn but 16 players can join T. 

Perhaps we can change the max limit from 30 to 36, that way few more people could join the server and play. The thing happening right now is that all 36 people who play in the server have reservation slots and its super busy in the evening, like from 5 pm pst all the way to midnight. 

10 minutes ago, HEHE said:

Perhaps we can change the max limit from 30 to 36, that way few more people could join the server and play. The thing happening right now is that all 36 people who play in the server have reservation slots and its super busy in the evening, like from 5 pm pst all the way to midnight. 

The problem is that the spawn points would have to be fixed (I think) because last time on Cobblestone, players (happened to me) spawned on top of each other and got stuck. I forgot the reason as to why that occurred, but it did.

@TheRealDoge I gotchu, then the next question is, is there a way to increase the number of spawn points from 15-16 to perhaps 18.

I don't think we should increase the amount of players in the server. 30 players is plenty and the more players we have the more negative effects it creates for things like lower fps, hit reg, and even lag. But Toan cleaned up the reserve slots for players that haven't donated in awhile, so it should help a bit.

@HEHE I think that would require having a version of the map you could open in hammer, add more spawns, and would have to be packaged/installed on every person's comp who plays in the server :/.  Not really any solution unless Valve decides they care enough about 30+ player servers to add spawns.  Sourcemod can probably limit team size based on map which would fix the balancing aspect (and prevent people spawning in each other), but I don't have any experience working with sourcemod so I can't say for sure.

Idk if it's possible to have team collision only turn on say 5-10s after freeze time which would fix the issue, but tbh 30 players is already enough of a strain for the server and people's computers as is.  

Edited by mdnght
1 person likes this

4 hours ago, VPP_Liam said:

Testing fix now

P.S Can someone describe what the problem is with a little more detail so I can figure out a fix with a bit of coding? So far I know our max slots for the server are 30 correct but -2 or something (hidden) so only 28 players can join who are not on reserve slot?

AFAIK the 30 slots are for all players, regardless of whether they have reserve slot or not (I might be wrong on this, feel free to correct me). The problem is when the server is full of donors. The 30 slot becomes a soft limit so we often have a server full of 32 or more donors. Because of the number of spawns available on certain maps, i.e. de_cbble, we often have situations where people are stuck in spec, but in the case of Cobble specifically the team max is 15 for T side and 16 for CT side (or maybe vice versa, I don't remember).

What I was suggesting with !stuck was to keep the 30-slot limit, but in case the server is full of donors instead of forcing them to wait in spec, allow them to join a team (disregarding the max. # of people per team) and simply just use !stuck at the beginning of the round if they spawn in someone. *shrug*