News Ticker
  • VPP has expanded into Destiny 2
  • CSGO: Donate for special perks such as skins and reserved slot!
  • Seeking ideas for a new CS:GO Dallas contest!
  • Join our Discord! https://discord.gg/s3nHJJ8
VPP Discord server Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RiBBiT

What's for dinner?

This one's for you Ren.. :D RiBBiT's Beer Cheese Soup ------------------------------- 1 whole chicken About 3 heads of broccoli 1 vidalia onion 1/2 cup flour 3 tablespoons of butter 1 package of cream cheese (8 ounces) 12 ounces of sharp chedder 2 bottles of beer (i use miller high life, it has a good flavor in the soup) crushed red pepper, salt, black pepper, garlic powder Montreal chicken seasoning optional: sour cream scallions (green onions) In a large soup pot, boil the chicken whole seasoned with Montreal chicken seasoning. While that's boiling, dice the broccoli and the onion. After the chicken is done cooking, take it out of the water and strip all of the meat off of the bones and chop into bite-size pieces. Pour out all of the water in the pot except for about 3 cups of the now-made chicken broth. Put the broccoli and the onion into the pot with the 1/2 cup of flour. Stir until the flour is mostly mixed and then cover on about 5-6 for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Turn the heat setting down to about 4-5 and add the butter, sharp chedder, cream cheese, beer, and chicken. As the cheeses are melting, spice to preferred taste. After cheeses are melted turn down to simmer. Pour yourself a bowl of soup and add a dollop of sour cream, diced scallions, and sharp chedder on top of your soup. [img:239p26pf]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b59/ilikepie0502/beercheese.jpg[/img:239p26pf] Enjoy! Edited by Guest

[quote="wireless":23xvvjjq]post more recipes[/quote:23xvvjjq] Here's one you guys might enjoy if you like spicy. RiBBiT's Stuffed Jalapeños ------------------------------- 1 large chicken breast 1 package of cream cheese (8 ounces) 1 package of bacon (turkey bacon works well too) 1 package of jalapeños (usually comes with about 12-16) 1 red chili pepper 1 blender 1 box of toothpicks Bake the chicken breast in the oven until barely cooked (can be a little pink in the middle still). When chicken is almost done, toss like 3 strips of bacon in with the chicken until they are cooked but not crunchy. While the chicken is cooking, you'll need to dice 1 jalapeño and the red chili pepper enough to throw it in the blender. Also, which is the majority of the prep work, you will need to slit a line down the curved part of each of the jalapeños and carve out the inside to prepare for stuffing them. You can use a potato peeler to scoop them out, but a grapefruit spoon works the best.) [color=#00BF40:23xvvjjq][b:23xvvjjq]NOTE: the more seeds you leave in the jalapeños, the spicier they will be.[/b:23xvvjjq][/color:23xvvjjq] In a large skillet, cook the rest of the package of bacon until they are still soft. Once the chicken is done and the jalapeños are all carved out, throw the 3 strips of bacon, the chicken breast, the cream cheese, and the diced peppers into the blender. Spice the concoction with black pepper, salt, and garlic powder to taste, then puree the mixture until it has turned into a paste. Once the paste is completed, stuff the jalapeños with the paste. Once that task is done, wrap each jalapeño with a piece of the semi-cooked bacon and hold in place with toothpicks. Whatever your preference may be, you can wrap them in 1/2 or whole pieces of bacon. Place them on a baking sheet and cook in the oven on 400 until the paste starts to get crispy on the top. NOTE: if you have leftover paste from stuffing the jalapeños, it serves a tasty snack on top of crackers. Here is a pic of what they should look like: [img:23xvvjjq]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b59/ilikepie0502/stuffed_jalapenos.jpg[/img:23xvvjjq] I ate a couple and ran out of bacon with these, but you get the idea. I also, added a pic of the beer cheese soup.

[quote="biospark":stfwuvcc]OMG. These look freakin' amazing. Am I going to have to call you Chef Ribbit now instead of PRESSACCEPTDAMNIT ?[/quote:stfwuvcc] You should probably just make a team named Chef Ribbit... I'd hit it.

[quote="RiBBiT":1w33g8tc]This one's for you Ren.. :D RiBBiT's Beer Cheese Soup ------------------------------- 1 whole chicken About 3 heads of broccoli 1 vidalia onion 1/2 cup flour 3 tablespoons of butter 1 package of cream cheese (8 ounces) 12 ounces of sharp chedder 2 bottles of beer (i use miller high life, it has a good flavor in the soup) crushed red pepper, salt, black pepper, garlic powder Montreal chicken seasoning optional: sour cream scallions (green onions) In a large soup pot, boil the chicken whole seasoned with Montreal chicken seasoning. While that's boiling, dice the broccoli and the onion. After the chicken is done cooking, take it out of the water and strip all of the meat off of the bones and chop into bite-size pieces. Pour out all of the water in the pot except for about 3 cups of the now-made chicken broth. Put the broccoli and the onion into the pot with the 1/2 cup of flour. Stir until the flour is mostly mixed and then cover on about 5-6 for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Turn the heat setting down to about 4-5 and add the butter, sharp chedder, cream cheese, beer, and chicken. As the cheeses are melting, spice to preferred taste. After cheeses are melted turn down to simmer. Pour yourself a bowl of soup and add a dollop of sour cream, diced scallions, and sharp chedder on top of your soup. [img:1w33g8tc]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b59/ilikepie0502/beercheese.jpg[/img:1w33g8tc] Enjoy![/quote:1w33g8tc] I must make this! This seriously looks beyond delicious.

K everyone imagine this. You in the parking lot of your favorite football team's stadium You are a serious fan and you are tailgating like a boss The only problem is it's 40 degrees outside not counting wind chill Thank god there is a giant steaming pot of beer cheese soup.

[quote="VPPTrue":2o3209un]The only problem is it's 40 degrees outside not counting wind chill[/quote:2o3209un] You live in California. We don't believe weather under 58 degrees exist.

[quote="[VPP]Seri":vt7znkrc]A man who cooks is a great man in my eyes!! ahaha =) Too bad Toan can only make me eggs sunny side up with soy sauce on top.[/quote:vt7znkrc] wow that sounds disgusting