VPP Discord server Read more... ×
ClanVPP
Copenhagen

Last Man Alive

I know there's a rule to it but warning or punishing the players does not really work. Its always the same people who does this type of play style and it irritates other players. Baiting and wasting everyone's time creates people on tilt mode and leads to toxicity. I have a suggestion that might fix this problem. I believe we should change the points system in the server. Make it more challenging, few players only care on being top 10 for some reason; therefore, they will do things their way to earn it by baiting and camping a spot for non-impact frags. They dont care about the team or doing the objective, and this is why we should change the points system. They should only earn points if their team wins the round like how ESEA works with rws. Some might actually try to do the objective and help out to earn those points. I already tried and witness warning the people who always not doing the objective but after the match is over, those players will do it again on the next map. Its fine to do it once it a while but do it every round just makes everyone mad and impatient. I really dont care about this but it irritates other players and they complain to us which ruins everyone's mood on playing in the server.

I don't think they care about stats at all. It's just how they like to play because it gets them more kills. It would be a great to have a beacon system where repeated offenders automatically get beaconed when they are last alive again.

Or if you want to be extreme, you can automatically slay all the losers at the end of every round.

Edited by Gondolf

There are some people that I can clearly think of who do this type of play style however; I think the bottom line are the players themselves. Like what Gondolf had just said, there are some players that just like to do that kind of play style who care more about their kills or specifically to me, kills per map. Sure, there are some who care about getting to the top playing that kind of style, but the ones that I look at are the ones who care about kills per map that are trying to make their KDAs look decent/good. 

Even with the point system changed, I think players are still at fault who are performing this type of play style so I think it's fully aware now that us (admins) should be a little bit more strict. The players were warned numerous times to not do it when it clearly was visible and evident however; they still continue to do it sooner or later. Despite some of them being long term players, it's unacceptable because I do agree that it irritates everyone else on the server.

If the point system were to be changed, it'll be up to Toan and Liam to decide on whether or not they want to change it. The RWS system does interest me though, but I have no clue on how it's going to be split between 16 players on each side. I'm very curious, so it does make me wonder if it'll be good or not.

We thought about changing the point system but no way on gameme options to edit that type of point.  Before we use to beacon the repeat offender  if they are always the last man alive. Might ask DuMa on this on how this was handle last time.