VPP Discord server Read more... ×
ClanVPP
Reece

accepted [Apply For Admin] Reece

• NickName: Reece
  • Steam ID: http://www.steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076404892
  • How long (average) have you been playing Counter-Strike games? Team Fortress 2?
    I play regularly. Every other day of the week, and every day when there's no work on my hands. Maintaining 20 hours monthly will be a breeze.
  • Do hold any Moderator/Administrator position or similar role within any other Gaming Community?
    No.
  • Which server do you play on the most?
    "Very Poor People | Trade Server | Dallas | ClanVPP.Com" (IP: 74.91.114.22:27015) (Map: trade_plaza_ox3_b4_fixed)
  • Ever had an admin function before?
    Moderating Twitch streams counts, surely. Never moderated a TF2 server before, though. I'm sure dealing with little stinkers isn't any different in-game though. :^)
  • Why do you think you deserve admin?
    This map is the only map I ever play TF2 on. Since this is the only server that hosts the map anymore, I dedicate all my time to the server. I handle situations well and allow everyone's input to be taken into consideration before enforcing a decision; an adequate amount of warnings will be issued prior. I also don't abuse administrative powers; I guess that's a given, but better off having it said here.
  • When will you be active (the most)?
    Weekends for certain. Weekdays typically have 4 or more hours poured into them during afternoon hours, though.
  • How will you draw people in our server? 
    It's the only server I ever play on, and I refuse to play casual. It's the only way I'm going to play TF2, so any friends who wish to join me will be joining the server. I wouldn't mind wearing some sort of tag in my name either. Interacting with everyone and making sure a good time is had is my specialty, and an effort I'm determined to make.

I, Reece, agree with the Admin Rules. If I abuse my admin, I will accept the consequences.

Hi Reece,

As per all admin applications, some vetting is conducted to ensure that admin candidates are capable of performing admin duties well. My post isn't indicative of the final judgement on your admin application, nor is it indicative that the vetting process has finished - I am merely an admin stepping in based on my own findings. As you know our TF2 server is pretty rowdy and definitely in need of moderators/admins, and so it's important that admins are able to keep their cool and not add to the chaos.

Looking through your recent chat history, I noticed this today, you telling people to hang themselves repeatedly.

I also noticed you encouraging people not to trade on our server, a server that specifically has "Trade Server" in the name and multiple people trading at a time. Can you explain these actions, please?

Normally I wouldn't go through people's chat histories from a while back because we all have things we aren't proud of, but these instances were recorded in the last 3 days.

Also, just a note: while we may not have admins on as much as we'd like, there are several options to report players and have action taken that I would hope an admin candidate knows. Telling others that they can't get ahold of admins is just spreading false info and fueling the fire.

You are:

1) Free to file reports on this forum regarding hackers/other behaviour that is against the rules.

2) Hop onto the Teamspeak - there are nearly always admins online who can take care of whatever is going on.

Regardless, I also noticed you helping out players in other instances as well, so thank you for that.

Edited by shoottomaim

I would first like to begin by stating I am very sorry for the very late response. I was having issues logging into my forum account. With that fixed and out of the way...

On 4/4/2018 at 9:15 PM, shoottomaim said:

Looking through your recent chat history, I noticed this today, you telling people to hang themselves repeatedly.

This is an example of an inside joke with friends. In our original home server, unhealthy players with toxic attitudes would be granted the privilege of having a "bind made after them." Each of us who find them humorous enough would take a quote of theirs and bind it to a key. Never had I directed anyone to hang themselves, I was simply following suit of my pals. As an admin, this clearly isn't appropriate behavior; however, I figured I'd have fun with it while I could before my friends watched me become an enforcer of rules rather than someone to joke around with freely.

I also noticed you encouraging people not to trade on our server, a server that specifically has "Trade Server" in the name and multiple people trading at a time. Can you explain these actions, please?

In this instance, again accompanied by friends of the previously mentioned home server (being Aycerus the original host of the map), I was telling a user in voice chat who had a poor microphone that their trading efforts seemed to be futile, since they weren't having much success in the past hour. I had told the user this through the microphone, and they could not hear me since there were mic spammers they hadn't muted yet. They asked me to say what I said in chat, so I had. I told them they would have better luck trading elsewhere since no one was trading at the time. The message you cropped here is response to, you guessed it, friends. An inside joke about Aycerus. In short, Aycerus had "Trade Server" in the name as well, but no one traded there. My intention isn't to convince people trading does not happen on the server, that would be--stupid, really. My intent here was to respond to a joke made by pals. The player I gave the explanation to had already left by this time.

Also, just a note: while we may not have admins on as much as we'd like, there are several options to report players and have action taken that I would hope an admin candidate knows. Telling others that they can't get ahold of admins is just spreading false info and fueling the fire.

You are:

1) Free to file reports on this forum regarding hackers/other behaviour that is against the rules.

2) Hop onto the Teamspeak - there are nearly always admins online who can take care of whatever is going on.

Regardless, I also noticed you helping out players in other instances as well, so thank you for that.

Here, I would like to make clear that I am aware of the fact players can contact authority. The moment you clipped here was me hastily attempting to chill the server. The ground was starting to shake and it could be seen a mile away that the chat was going to be filled with "!calladmin" and "there's a hacker," "we need an admin," attempts; there was already plenty of that going on in the voice chat. The moment you clipped was at the point where the main minority knew there was a hacker, and knew the owner was already contacted. My attempts here were to tell the player "There is no command to notify the administration, we already have the owner on the line, please be patient." This effort was collaborative, as my friends were there to assist in spreading the word. The way I worded that, I can see why you call me out for it. Apologies, I should have communicated more clearly that there was a way to contact the admin. I felt in the moment that this person had already understood an admin would be arriving, however. That is why I rushed and typed that response.

Apologies for the long-winded responses, I'm just unsure of how approach these claims since I'm not used to being - for lack of a better term - 'interrogated' like this. Regardless, I hope these random instances haven't made a poor impression on you or any other staff members in the community. I assure you, the crude quoting of players is not something I'm dying to hold on to, and players will be granted with more descriptive explanations. I will be more prepared next time around for circumstances where some players are slow to the pitch.
In short, there is crude humor between my friends and I that we toss around to one another. It's clear to me already that anyone can read this and interpret it badly, but upon obtaining an administrative position, I would not make such jokes. I now understand that the majority players don't know to navigate to the site (or... teamspeak) to report players, so this will now be information I make clear to players needing it. (Really, though, making a Discord server should be considered. I'm for certain more people would appreciate that convenience. I've told players there is a website and followed that with "There is also a Teamspeak server" in the most serious tone I can muster and the expected onslaught of laughter comes forth.)

2 hours ago, Reece said:

-snip-

Thanks for your response. My goal wasn't to interrogate you, it was more to understand the context of what you said. Chat is nearly useless without context. You have to understand that with players applying from the TF2 server it's important to ensure that the admins we hire are of quality. The aim of my questions was merely to give you a chance to explain yourself.

Anyways, if you do end up getting admin, realize that you'll have to start enforcing the rules (e.g. no n-bombs from other players, reduce spam, etc). I know the server is really casual but there is a line that needs to be drawn.

Mr. VPP will get back to you, hold tight.

• Like 2

Just making it clear that I have taken the test and am awaiting review. I took the test Sunday April 8th around 12pm.

• Thanks 1