News Ticker
  • VPP has expanded into Insurgency Sandstorm!
  • CSGO: Donate for special perks such as skins and reserved slot!
  • Seeking ideas for a new CS:GO Dallas contest!
  • Join our Discord! https://discord.gg/s3nHJJ8
  • VPP has expanded into Destiny 2
Insurgency: Sandstorm Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
shibbyyyy

In regards to how we react to hackers

Hopefully a lot of our regulars see this post but I wanted to bring up an issue to when a hacker appears. I've seen a lot of people react to hackers by immediately calling them out which by the way does absolutely nothing for the admins if they toggle it off when they're found out. I can definitely speak on all the admins behalf that we try really hard to keep the server clean of hackers so what helps us the most is if you guys message us on steam and we'll immediately get on top of gathering evidence to ban them. I absolutely hate banning people that are not cheating which is why it takes me a while to make damn sure as hell if someone is walling. You guys can endure letting someone cheat for 10-30min but if you call them out and they get away with it and continuously come back to the server with their guard up then it makes things ridiculously hard to ban people. Just as an example of how this can make admins job difficult, it took about 4 months to finally catch 1 guy toggling walls. 4 months!!! If you guys don't know who the admins are or don't have any added on your friends list just add me, I'll usually go afk in whatever game I'm playing to help do cleanups.

• Thanks 1

Yep this is the most annoying thing when i noticed someone cheating/walling and ofc I CANT just ban him right away i need to watch and make sure. Usually they are just walling and not aimbotting so it needs time to actually look at what his looking and what his doing. Once they get ban and I tell people to STOP CALLING THEM OUT what I get is they don't listen and instead they "blame admins" for not doing anything? like wtf do you think I was doing in spectate? eating? watching TV? Ofc I need proof 1st walling can be tough sometimes if the cheater is smart about it, good thing is 90% of cheaters are really dumb about hiding it but we still need proof.

Don't act like your doing US a favor about CALLING THEM OUT in chat to make yourself feel good like "I spotted a cheater im so good" no that doesn't help you and everyone else in the server get your ego out of your ass and let us do our job to make sure the server is cheater free.

Pretty sure not many people know that you can talk to the admins directly through prepending an '@' in team chat before sending a message. In the future I would just sm_psay whoever is calling out hackers publicly and tell them this + a polite STFU. With this many admins hired I haven't yet seen a time where no admin is online while the server is busy.

Edited by shoottomaim

yea it would help when pubbers doesn't cry hacker non stop when someone is hacking but I doubt that will go away. It's just second nature to most people to do that.  Sooner or later hackers will get caught, even pros hack now a day.(sad really). I really wish valve has a better anti cheat system.