ClanVPP - Very Poor People

Server #2 mode?

• 2 weeks later...
I know this thread is a little dated, and I haven't seen a second vpp server yet however I wanted to layout what I would want in a competitive pub server. Roundtime - This should b esea/esl standard 1:45 seconds. mp_roundtime (not sure the cvar value) I THINK it might be 1.76 Freezetime - This is a big issue in vpp server right now, the newer players don't have good spawns because they can't buy fast enough. I consider myself pretty good at buying quickly but the current setting in the pub server leaves strat and pre-round tactical discussion almost completely out of the equation. for a competitive server I would expect at least 12 seconds of freezetime to talk out the round. ( ESEA and ESL use 15 seconds) mp_freezetime 12 Startmoney - 1000 dollars is actually a pretty fun pub first round, it gives you slightly more options in terms of armor nades or pistol buys, however this is not how it works in competitive play. for a comp server it should be the cstrike standard of 800. mp_startmoney 800 C4time - c4time for comp cs has been 35 seconds since CAL. I'm not sure if this is reflected in the pub but I just thought I'd point that out for a comp server. (not quite sure on this cvar, mp_c4timer x?) Rounds - I originally suggested 24 rounds (first to 25) when I first started playing in vpp. This is classic cs before uhh maybe season 10 or 11 in CAL. when it was upped to 30 rounds (first to 31) and the time was changed from 2 minutes to 1:45. In a competitive pub i would expect this to be a default value of 15 rounds a side (first to 16). (don't know the cvar) Grenades - All cs games before GO has had 2 flashbang with a 4 nade limit. that means 2 flashes a smoke and a nade traditionally. Thankfully they carried over cvars so that the default of 1 flash 3 nades can be changed. With the additional grenades it becomes more tactical when this is in effect (during matches/scrims). A competitive pub should allow 2 flashes and 4 nades ammo_grenade_limit_flashbang 2 ammo_grenade_limit_total 4 Player count - This is an issue that i'm constantly bumping heads w/ daddy about. I think 30 man pub is fun but hectic. Considering competitive play is 5v5, a competitive pub shouldn't have 15 people a side. The argument here is what the magic number is. I consider less = more, so 16/20 man pub. however a comp pub server COULD go up to a 24 man and It would be doable. (dunno the cvar, maxplayers?) MAPS - OMG i'm pulling my hair out with this one. Not even delving into the pub's current rotation (read: war crime). The rotation should be all the current comp maps used in ESEA/ESL/CEVO. (note: all the maps listed that are stock valve maps are _se varients minus nuke since it was recently remade and doesn't have an_se version) de_dust2 de_nuke de_train de_inferno de_mirage de_season de_cache (planned for use in esea i believe) Potential other maps that are comp viable de_cobble de_aztec_proper DISCUSS.
[quote="BrainY.":6wzxuksi]You have to think about it this way... From those 22 slots you are saying... 2 people will at least be in spec. I would go for a 25 slot server.[/quote:6wzxuksi] Thats not unreasonable - How many reserved spots(members) are there active? [quote="whosurdaddy972":6wzxuksi]i was thinking of 23 slots , 22 man and 1 reserved slot[/quote:6wzxuksi] /me points finger like gun, *pow!* u gotit shooter mcgavin. ;) [quote="wireless":6wzxuksi]Agreed with the majority of the above - except for the long freezetime. Shouldn't be long - it IS still a pub, after all... By the way - for player slots, I think 25 slots would be good (one being a reserve slot)[/quote:6wzxuksi] All i'm saying is, I buy really fast and I have enough time to buy everything I need right as the round starts. This not only gives and advantage to buy scripts or quick buyers, but confuses noobs on where the choke points in the map are and the timings on them. IMO public servers should promote the tactical nuances of cs. Even in a pub teamwork should be encouraged and not side lined. <3
I like the FF, competitive mode. Just make sure there is proper regulation on friendly fire/kills. Of course there will be accidents, but someone going bonkers in spawn - old mods used to just kill instantly for that (which sometimes happens on accident as well). It's quite possible not to enforce any sort of dmg/death upon shooting/killing a friendly and rely on admin enforcement.. I guess that would be most authentic for competitive play.
  • 4 weeks later...