ClanVPP - Very Poor People

Ultragaming Plugin?

Ultragaming.com came to me with some offerings. Here's the pm for you guys to read I’d like to purchase ad space for: 1. Map decals 2. MOTD banners 3. Website banners 4. In-game chat messages There is also the possibility of running the Ultra Gaming plugin on your servers. This is how the plugin works… an example server might have the amounts of 30c a kill and 34c a death. Each time a player kills someone 30c is added to their account each time they die 34c is deducted from their account, simple. The 4c difference between kill and death goes to the server. Depending on the size and popularity of the server 4c per kill can add up. I will do the Website banners, in-game chat messages and MOTD banners, since its going to be some revenue for our community, but on the Plugin part I would need your help. https://www.ultragaming.com/ [size=150:zs01cqp2]Would it be cool if our community start gaming on our servers to make money/lose money? Remember you can lose money on this too, and will this cause a camp fest on the server to draw more kills. Please reply back to what you guys think of the plugin? I will not do anything that would hurt our community , so this is very important.[/size:zs01cqp2]
From what I was told you will need to download their anticheat, I will ask them for more details and keep you guys updated How does it work? 1. Sign up for an Ultra Gaming account. 2. Connect to one of our servers. 3. Each time you kill another Ultra Gaming player your account is credited, each time an Ultra Gaming player kills you, your account is debited. You can withdraw your winnings anytime with either PayPal or Bitcoin, keep your account topped up the same way. Requirements Make sure to download the EasyAntiCheat client. We here at Ultra Gaming take cheating very seriously! You must be at least 18 years of age to play.
My suggestion, Try it on a new server. Pilot it, advertise it, see how plays take it. If they dont like it, take it down, if they do keep it up. I would not put it on our pubs, not until we have done a trial/error on a seperate server. Most of the players are not as good as say.. the top 20. So i think alot of them wouldn't want to play it. TLDR: Test it on a seperate new server, with maybe a 20 (10v10) cap. If works then go from there, if not then kill it with fire.
Well it brings more of a competition to our servers, sounds interesting but there are advantages and disadvantages at the same time, like you said Daddy ppl will start camping more and then people who are taking part will complain then people who don't want to get involved end up facing more campers.
I second Mike on this one. We all know people already complain about team stacking and what not. So it might be better to try it out on a separate server and not the popular one. The problem is not just the camping, people wouldn't even try to plant/defuse, all the baiting and ghosting and you know where I'm going with this.
Personally think this is way to dangerous plugin to just straight up input into our server, reason with same as what everyone else says, such as camping issues so i second on testing out on alternative server or something and i just want to clarify, how do we start the money for kill/death, by putting certain amount of money at beginning? then what if lets say balance goes $0.00? does it go below negative? what if it goes negative? does someone have to pay using paypal? As a clear noob in this server, i do feel like this is gonna make server much more competitive, but at the same time, possibly reduce funs from those jokes that we do, such as ninja defusing or knifing(unless knife kill gets more money or something) and possibly make game more emotional towards mistakes that led someone to death. -Tokki
i was for the idea of putting it on a diff server until someone mentioned the problem of hackers. i dont know how much of a risk taker you are, but this would classify as a ultra-high risk maneuver, even if just trying it on a new server.
Someone makes out like a bandit in this business model, and my guess is that it's UltraGaming.com and not the players/servers. Your server, definitely your choice, but look at ultragaming.com today https://www.ultragaming.com/ The highest person made $59, but even the fourth person only made $8. I assume that's in one day, but it seems odd that no one's making any money. My guess is that everyone is losing, I would definitely not trust that type of system. I would say at least keep it away from Dallas. It's popularity is huge and adding more plug-ins and anti-cheat clients will affect performance, regardless of what Ultragaming will tell you.
I am extremely against this and will type out a detailed tl;dr tomorrow that people will probably skip over. In short, for now, this could potentially ruin VPP as a community and server host. Essentially, I think this could destroy us completely. Please don't buy into this. Will post tomorrow.
Sounds cool, but I dont think it would help our cause any... since it would bring money in... if anything, have a server dedicated to this plugin. It would be a "gambling" type server... but I wouldnt put it on any of the main pubs
Hi, I operate the Ultra Gaming plugin. Daddy has invited me here to comment and answer any questions you may have. First off I want to say I think you have a great community and like the way your servers are administered. I think that’s what Counter-Strike is all about. Let me describe the plugin details and then you can ask me some questions if you want. Players sign up on the Ultra Gaming website, they make a deposit with either PayPal or Bitcoin. The account is not tied to PayPal they just make a deposit when they want to. They can withdraw at any time the same way PayPal or Bitcoin (there’s a fee for PayPal on both ends, no fees what so ever for Bitcoin). Then they hop on to a Ultra Gaming enabled server. The servers can handle non Ultra Gaming players at the same time. Not everyone on the server has to be an Ultra Gaming player, so it integrates nicely. Players can tell the difference between non and Ultra Gaming enabled players because the Ultra Gaming players get a skin with Ultra Gaming logos on it. The kill/death works like this. For VPP we setup a server with a .30/.34 kill/death amount. That’s 30 cents per kill 34 cents per death. Each Ultra Gaming player gets .30 for killing another UG player and loses .34 when an UG player kills them. Nothing, as far as money goes, happens when non UG players kill or get killed. The 4 cents difference between the kill and death amount goes to the server. This is how it generates revenue. For VPP we’re splitting that 50/50, .02 to VPP and .02 to UG per kill. As for the cheating and camping. All UG servers are protected with EasyAntiCheat. Only the Ultra Gaming players need to download and install the anti-cheat client the other players are passive, no one gets kicked for not having the client. As for camping I find, on my servers, it does the opposite of making people camp. People are out to make money and they will go hunting. It’s only a couple cents per kill but when money is on the line it really ups the level of engagement. Hope this helps. I’m open to new ideas and suggestions.
Hey Ajaxx, Thanks for clarifying how the system works. I have a few questions about the UG system. 1) How many players do you currently have signed up? 2) Let's say I put $10.00 in my account, what happens when, inevitably (bc I suck), I lose that $10 and have zero left? 3) I'm curious why there is so much disparity between the top player and the 10th player, according to the ug site? I noticed this the other evening and I see it now. It seems as though only a handful of players make a few dollars, so I assume lots of players lose? (Also, I see someone named Ajaxx is on all three top10s :) ) 4) With the anticheat system, how many players has your system caught trying to cheat? Are those players just banned from UG? How do you ensure that it's 100% (or 99.9%) certain no one can cheat on it? 5) Typically, server plug-ins have negative effects on server performance. What do players see in terms of performance since there's a client they have to install, skins on the server, and the UG transaction system? Thanks, Merle
Thanks for the interest, I’ll clarify best I can. 1. We currently have about 500 registered users. Your very own Daddy is doing a tremendous job of bring in new users. About 10% have initially funded their accounts. I think this will increase as our reputation grows. Nobody really likes to transfer money into something they’ve never really heard about on the internet. We lowered the minimum deposit amount from $10 to $5 as per Daddy’s request. 2. For Ultra Gaming to be enabled when you join a server you need a balance equal to or greater than the death amount on the server. For VPP servers for example, you need at least a .34 balance. When you connect to the server an authorization hold for the death amount of the server(.34) is placed on your account. Much like a credit card. If you disconnect from the server without interacting this temporary hold is released. Your balance is checked with each transaction and your status updated accordingly. 3. Don’t get too hung up on the top 10 board. The system is brand new and a lot of the players you see on the board are place holders put in by the web designer. As the top 10 fill out the place holders drop off. You see me at the top of all the games because I play the most across the board. I’m not really that good, so you’ll see that change ;) The players at the very top of the leaderboad get a red branded skin. 4. We use a third party system, I don’t really keep stats on how many people it bans. I’ve seen it kick banned SteamID. It’s a great deterrent because hackers don’t want to join an anti-cheat protected system and get their SteamID black listed. EasyAntiCheat(EAC) is a great company with a lot of smart people, I work closely with the lead developer. It’s an arms race between the cheat creators and the anti-cheat company’s for sure. I think EAC is leading the race. 5. The plugin and the client (EAC) are completely different. The plugin is very light weight, it’s a Metamod(MMS) plugin as opposed to a SourceMod(SM) plugin. All transactions are async the backend is enterprise class SQL Azure. The plugin has to do a lot less than say SM, which everyone knows is an excellent plugin. There is zero server lag with the plugin. That being said we did experience some lag with EAC. This is the first time, that I’m aware of, that EAC is being used on a split server. As in only some of the users are required to run the client. Interestingly enough it seems the processing of the unprotected users was causing the lag. I’m already working with EAC on this it looks like a simple fix. The skins are on a fast download server and don’t cause any in-game lag just some download time on initial connect no additional time after that. Keep the questions coming. You guys are in on the ground floor so now would be your chance to get your opinions heard. We are continually upgrading the system. The next feature that will probably be introduced is something like 2 x death amount for a knife kill, 1.5 x for a nade kill.
Ajaxx, Thanks for the explanation. I think if it were put on a Cali server as its been discussed, it would be fine. I don't think it would ruin anything. As a business person, I'm interested in entrepreneurial activities :) Personally, I don't see it as something for me since I'm so skeptical of hacking and I know what people are capable of. -Merle