ClanVPP - Very Poor People

Smaller/More Competitive server in dallas

I know this won't be beneficial to our server in terms of finance but until we make fun server(Zombie? Surf? Minigame? I dont know) I hereby request that we could change and use dallas UG server into smaller and more competitive based server with No plugins other than general Source Mod/Match cue server could be 5vs5 or 8vs8, and since dallas UG is empty anyway I dont think it would make much difference if the server remains empty, other than the fact that someone has to work to the server to make dream come true... Reason why i am requesting this is because of how big our server is. I believe there are certain people that wants to play more competitively than our 14vs14/13vs13 server and by doing this, we could maybe use it to let better players play in more competitive settings. One of the example is free match server in korea(hosted by ClanWB, well im referencing them because i dont know any match server in US, and while it seems like adverstising, no single man in our server is likely to move there so. Server: connect hlds2.server.ne.kr:28020) Server capacity is 15 players, and it is 5vs5 match server. until people fills in to the server match does not start. When server fills up, people agrees to play match, which then shuffles up the player and starts the match. Extra 5 slot is for people to sit in spectators and wait, as if one of the players leave during the match first one to cue in spectator can join if he accepts. We would set game round around first 8 win(or 7/7 Draw) as we don't want to make the match too long (this could be manipulated anytime) and we could also use this as a method of playing competitively within our community. While it is difficult to keep this server full, if Dallas UG is just remained dead, I think we could use it for something good... Edited by Guest
I was talking to Desu about this like a few weeks ago and he said that there's always services like CEVO etc that are free - I agree with this. However, if the dallas UG server doesn't get much players, I don't see why this would be a bad idea! I know a lot of people who would be interested probably (Kerr, Phenomm and homie (I'm always MMing w/ them I'm sure they'd enjoy this too), poops etc etc). It'd also be cool b/c I want to do a Lifealert vs 007 game :D :D If it's no extra trouble, I think it'd be awesome.
[quote="whosurdaddy972":1xwhn0ld]We had that before , match doesn't start until we type .ready but it wasn't too popular. That server will be a zombie mode once I can get the bandwidth in place and the coder to work on the server. As of right now there's no eta on it[/quote:1xwhn0ld] What do you think about making the Dallas UG server into this idea for the time being?