ClanVPP - Very Poor People

Should we get a box in NJ? I got a decent offer

So basically VPP is EOR biggest client and I got an offer for 2 months free in NJ. Our 2 cali boxes are hosted by them in their internap datacenter but he's trying to expand to the East Coast. Let me know what you guys think we should do. 2 months free is good for test run. Give me some feed back guys. Also I don't know how much the box will be , so I'm still waiting on it. We getting 2 months cause he knows we get ddos alot and they want to test their protection :> 7:02 PM - robby@eoreality.net: you interested in a DDoS protected box in NJ? 7:02 PM - robby@eoreality.net: I can give you first 2 months free 7:02 PM - robby@eoreality.net: to try it out 7:52 PM - robby@eoreality.net is now Away. 9:19 PM - VPP TV@WORK: La box down? 9:19 PM - VPP TV@WORK: The non eor software 10:37 PM - robby@eoreality.net is now Online. 10:46 PM - VPP TV@WORK: nm now 10:46 PM - VPP TV@WORK: u got a datacenter in NJ? 10:47 PM - robby@eoreality.net: nah, but our dc got ddos protection now 10:47 PM - robby@eoreality.net: i can set you up with a box 2 months free if you want :) 10:47 PM - VPP TV@WORK: specs? 10:47 PM - robby@eoreality.net: just to test it out 10:47 PM - VPP TV@WORK: and how much after that? 10:47 PM - robby@eoreality.net: E3-1270v2, 16gb ram, 1tb hdd 10:47 PM - robby@eoreality.net: I'm not sure, they're testing the protection 10:48 PM - robby@eoreality.net: it'll probably be pretty competitive though 10:48 PM - VPP TV@WORK: do i have to rent after the 2 months is up? 10:48 PM - robby@eoreality.net: nope 10:48 PM - robby@eoreality.net: you can cancel of course 10:48 PM - robby@eoreality.net: you can cancel of course 10:48 PM - VPP TV@WORK: if i can get players in 10:48 PM - VPP TV@WORK: i'll keep it 10:48 PM - robby@eoreality.net: they just want to test it with someone who will get hit 10:48 PM - VPP TV@WORK: lol 10:48 PM - VPP TV@WORK: how big is the protection 10:48 PM - robby@eoreality.net: 20gbps
I think a test run can't hurt, it'd help gauge how much more east coasties we get. I know plenty of our regulars on Canada are actually east coasties anyway (better ping). Can't hurt to test it if he says we can get it for 2 months. I live in the Northeast too.
i thought we just opened up several servers. Dallas 5 vs 5 Dallas Deathmatch Dallas Headshot Deathmatch UK Deathmatch Canada Ultragaming are the ones we need to get going, in my opinion before we start expanding. I personally don't think rapid expansion is a good idea. first of all, how long do we have to decide two get that two month trial? that needs to be addressed.
if we set NJ server, which would be *Preferred* location for the east coast US players will we keep the Canada(Montreal right?) server? I am not sure about running two different east coast servers. and... 20gbps huh. What was our current set up for Canada server? For the test run, Sure go head.
I'd honestly prefer the NJ server and ditch the Canada one. The loyal kanadians could still get a decent ping while we east coasters can finally have a real home :D. But no seriously, if the pricing is fair, I would suggest doing a test run and go from there. Also, I unfortunately have to agree with Moo. :roll: Should probably look at those other servers; might need to do some house cleaning first.