ClanVPP - Very Poor People

VPP Discord Server?

Was wondering how people would feel about having a VPP discord server.  I know TS doesn't cost much to host, but it removes all hosting responsibilities and would allow general areas for both text and voice chat.

Or we could use both TS and discord and have the discord channel be a public one not requiring a pw to join so people could come in and just hang out or talk to admins about issues they are having without needed the TS password.

Discord is free. I believe they have a few different server farms where they host large numbers of voip channels, I could be wrong on that though (haven't heard of anyone ddossing a discord channel but I'll look into it more).  It's a pretty good voip app as well. I think the UI and implementation of the various channels is better than that of TS/mumb/vent.  I don't think you have as many options when it comes to setting admin privileges and the server itself though but I could be wrong as the only voip channel I managed was a short lived mumble server.

Mainly I just thought it would be a good idea for randoms wanting to hang out, ask about what servers we run and such and discuss issues they may have since the TS requires a password. 

Their business plan is to sell skins and cosmetics to make your channel look a certain way once they build an audience.  We'll see how that works out though.  Right now it seems like they are going off of VC money but have done a decent job of building a userbase.

It's good for quick join. You don't need an Discord Account to join and you can even join the server using a web browser and use text and voice channels.

The server's themselves are hosted by Discord themselves so DDOS protection is on them.

I can see how it be good for quick support or leaving a request in if we put a small banner and once someone clicked it there in the server no sign up required just a direct connection.

There is also an app too for people to join the server via Mobile Phone/Cell